A journey through the largest underground art gallery in Brussels
Art has been a part of the DNA of the Brussels metro since its very beginnings. The fruits of the creativity and hard work of Belgian artists are on display in over 80 artworks that adorn the platforms, ticket halls and corridors, leaving their unique mark on 69 stations. This is what makes the Brussels metro so original.
In collaboration with the Brussels Capital Region, STIB has published an updated version of the guide to art in the metro. Entitled “Art in Brussels begins with the metro”, it presents detailed information on all the works that passengers have the opportunity to view daily, organised by station.
The guide “Art in Brussels begins with the metro” is available for 5 EUR at the following points of sale:
- COOK & BOOK: Place du Temps Libre 1, 1200 Brussels
- BITC: Town Hall, Grand’Place 1000 Brussels
- Toerisme Vlaanderen: Rue Marché aux Herbes 61, 1000 Brussels
- Standaard Boekhandel: Place de la Monnaie 4, 1000 Brussels
- Brussels Tram Museum: av. de Tervueren, 364B, 1150 Brussels
You can also download it free of charge in pdf format.